Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What have I been up to......

So I finally finished the shirt I wanted to make out of the Amy Butler fabric I bought a few weeks ago. I love how it turned out and if it is warm enough I will wear it to NYC this weekend. I did find out that it is really hard to take a photo of yourself while wearing it. Now I have 2 other shirts & 2 skirts to finish!



Steve went to Tampa this weekend and left me here....shame on him!
My friend Cindi took pitty on me and invited me over for dinner on Saturday. Cindy is a very talented artist and crafter so you can see why we get along. While dinner was cooking she taught me how to make paintbrushes out of Bamboo & Deer fur. I did tell the deer I was sorry before cutting the fur off of his tail. The brushes are so cool! I still have a lot to learn about making them but my first attempts were pretty good.


3 comments:

pleintexasgirl said...

I am so glad you have met a fellow artist near you. She seems to be a great inspiration, and such cool brushes made of deer hair!! Tell her I said "hello" and I wish we lived closer to share art tips. I need new ones!

machen und tun said...

what a great shirt!! which pattern did you use, i am looking for something like that for ages..

kwoolf said...

I used a simplicity pattern 3835 for the shirt. It was so easy to make! I have two of them now and have been wearing them all summer.