Thursday, July 16, 2009

What have I been doing this Summer???

Sorry haven't posted in a while. It is Summer and I have been enjoying it!
The first week of June we went down to Charleston, SC with my In-Laws. It was so nice to be back in the South! We had beautiful weather and I got to lay out by the pool.




Aren't we a cute couple! I was so happy to get somewhat of a tan started.

When we got back from Charleston I turned around and went home to Tennessee for 2 weeks. I had a great time visiting with family and friends. I got to spend a weekend with my 2 best friends from High School/Collage. We rented a cabin in the mountains and had the best time without husbands & kids. It is so cool how you can be apart for so many years but when you get back together it's like you never been apart. We stayed up most of the night catching up. This will be something that we will try to do every couple of years!



We haven't aged one bit!

Of course I did find some time for sewing! I had to make presents for my friends. I made them each a large version of the Buttercup bag. I love the way they turned out.

Michelle picked this one:



Greta picked this one:



And this one is mine!



This one will be going to a special member of my family:




I am still going to try and sell these bags on Etsy as soon as I get some more made. I am also working on 2 new quilt projects. I will post photos later. And I am going back home to TN next week for the quilt show. I hope I get lots of goodies!!!!

1 comment:

pleintexasgirl said...

So good to see you again! I am glad you are enjoying your summer. I wish I had got to spend more time in SC, I love the history of it. When my daughter lived in Savannah we would do little road trips up in there to eat. Fabulous!