Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A New Year!

One of my New Years resolutions is to keep up with my blog! Sorry I didn't post much this fall/winter. Most of my projects were Christmas presents for people who have access to my blog (I didn't want to spoil the surprise!).
So now that the holidays are over I can post photos of the 3 quilts I made for Christmas - Yes, I said 3 quilts!! I was very busy.

This is the quilt I made for my Sister-In-Law Alex. Alex is a dog groomer and when I found the cute dog fabric I knew I had to make her a quilt!

I also made a quilt for my Mother-In-Law Janice. She has been asking for a quilt ever since I started quilting. This quilt matches her home perfectly!

The pattern is a called a large log cabin and it is the first time that I have done a free motion design on a quilt.

Finally, here is the quilt that I made for my mom. We had seen this pattern at the local quilt shop and she loved it. She helped me pick out most of the fabric. She knew that I was going to make the quilt for her but had no idea that I had it finished for Christmas. It was such a surprise!

This was also my first applique quilt. It was much easier than I thought.

It was a wonderful Christmas for all! Next project I will be working on quilting the Stacked Coin quilt that I am making for myself!

3 comments:

Arielle Lee Bair said...

Absolutely beautiful. You certainly did a lot!

pleintexasgirl said...

These are gorgeous Kim! I am so proud of you. I can tell you have the artist's eye. I try to pick a favorite and cannot. I look forward to seeing that heirloom pieced top finished and hanging on your wall. Do not forget to make some for you.

susan said...

I LOVE this quilt. Awesome!