Thursday, April 2, 2009

What's New!

I have been working on a lot of different quilting projects in the last couple of weeks -
My first blanket for the Mountain Baby Blanket project has been pieced. I used a "Wonky Block" design. It is really easy to do. Just decided the size of your block and offset 2 of the borders. Love how it turned out and it gave me a chance to use my cute animal fabric. I am backing it with a yellow dot fabric and will repeat the animal fabric on the back too. Can't wait to get it done!




I have also started a new project. Here are the blocks- they start out like flags then you cut them and arrange them. I will have to fill in with additional white. It is quilting by improvisation. This piece might be used as a wall hanging in our living room.
We will see how it turns out first!




The Stacked Coin quilt has finally been quilted! I am now hand stitching the binding. Steve said this was his favorite quilt!



I am so excited to be going to the Lancaster Quilt Show on Saturday (especially to be going with other quilters). Hopefully I will have lots of wonderful photos to share next week. That reminds me.....I need to go charge my camera battery!

No comments: